When you ask a digital marketer around the world, the No. 1 goal of the website owner is to get #1 position i.e. rank higher in search engines. Most of the people think that it is a dream to have position 1 and page 1 ranking, but it makes sense to have top position on SERP, which in turn increases your CTR. There are tons of website metrics that Google uses to determine the ranking of a website. Domain Authority is one of the important factors out of many that help the website to rank in a higher position on Google’s Search Engine Result Page.
Usually when we talk about SEO and Keyword Ranking on the SERPs, Domain Authority (DA) is one of the Industry Standards that’s measured on a scale from 1 to 100. Domain Authority is a website ranking metric developed by MOZ, which predicts how well your website gets ranked on Search Engine. The higher your DA is, it’s more likely that your website receives more & better traffic, including top ranking on Search Engine Results Page (SERP).
It will be good if the Domain Authority for a website is higher, as it will have a great impact on the website’s ranking. DA for a website ranging from 20 to 40 is below to average, 40 to 50 as average and above 60 as very good. Having high domain authority for a website means high ranking in the search engine that eventually result in high traffic on the website.
High domain authority also means good SEO efforts on your website. So, there are some ways that should be followed by the webmaster to improve the Domain Authority of a website.
Key Steps to Follow to Improve your Website Domain Authority:
- Quality Content – Content is the king and it is one of the most important factors for Google to help you rank on top 3. High-quality content is useful to improve your website’s domain authority. You always need to write content for users, and not for search engines and the content should be interesting, well researched and unique. You also need to SEO optimize your content by keeping keyword density, keyword proximity and keyword prominence in mind.
- On Page SEO – After the rollout of Google Penguin update in April 2012 on-page, SEO plays 70 % to 80 % role in website ranking improvement as well as domain authority. Some important factors to improve DA are –
- Website Structure – Easy navigation, use of breadcrumb, use of HTML sitemaps enhances the user experience and make them visit on various related pages.
- Internal Linking- You should use good internal linking strategy by taking links on the variation of keywords. It helps to improve indexing and the DA of your website.
- Mobile Friendly Pages – Make your website pages mobile friendly because 80% traffic is coming from mobile devices.
- Page Loading Speed – Fast loading speed improves the user search experience.
- Off Page SEO – Off page SEO also play an important role in improving domain authority of a website. Off Page SEO is not just creating a lot of links for a website, it is also how authoritative those sites are. To improve DA, you need to keep these points in mind when making a link:
- Take a Link in Content – Guest post (free/paid) on High DA Websites, which provides a do-follow link to your website and enhances the traffic.
- Create High-Quality Legitimate Backlinks – You must always create natural links. For example, if you are commenting on a third-party blog post, then your comment should be related to the post and must contain at least 3 to 4 lines of text.
- Remove Bad Links – You should keep monitoring your website’s backlinks, by checking webmaster tools from time to time. And, if you think that any link is coming for a spammed, blacklisted, low DA/PA, or any other type of website that will harm your website’s DA, then you need to remove that link immediately. Just request to remove the bad links, and if that fails, then you can disavow them.
- Create more Links for Home Page/ Domain – Create some quality backlinks for your website’s index page, which will improve the DA of your website.
- Social Signals – Social media is one of the best ways to improve your website exposure. You need to post engaging and interesting content that will increase reach out of your website to the target audience. Engaged content will lead the customers to your website, and will let them know more about your products and offerings.
- Keep Patience – You can’t buy, steal or buy domain authority for a domain. You need work in a proper way and wait for some time to see the improvement in DA.
So, we have understood that Domain Authority is important for several reasons. DA lets the user judge the overall website’s performance. Improving your Link Profile gaining good links and getting rid of bad links can help you improve your Domain Authority for the website.
Do you have any other ways that you have tried for improving your domain or page authority? Do share it with me on the comment box down below! I’d love to hear from you.